Friday, February 10, 2012

Tavon aka Quantum Musik Interview

I spoke with Tavon on Facebook on the status of A(Q)uarium Opus and he assures me that he is back on track. A(Q)uarium Opus was suppose to release early this month but lack of internet access delayed us from getting a drop. We should see a drop in the next couple of weeks. Until then I had some questions for him which he gave some great answers. This should tide us over until the album is in our iTunes. c:

Our convo went a little something like this...

Kris Kross:
What's the overall environment for your studio sessions? any rituals?

Tavon:
Not Really lol, Its usually just me texting Jordan, Robert, and Darian to see if they can come over to record and see what happens. Rituals would be us listening to lil b or a Waka song to get our energy up before we record.. oh and pizza... 2 boxes of pepperoni, extra cheese from dominos.

Kris Kross:
Awesome. Do you follow any type of formula? like produce the beat first and then write lyrics or vice versa?

Tavon:
Its always beat first, then writing for me. Being that im a producer first, artists second hah.

Kris Kross:
You mentioned Lil B and Waka Flocka for fueling your energy in the studio but music wise there doesn't seem to be much influence there. What influences your music?

Tavon:
Lol your exactly right, that's why we use it, to get the negatives out before we work on serious stuff. (No offense if both are meant to be taken as serious artists) but yeah my main influences are mostly the things I see around me, like if im watching the news, or the Colbert Report and Steven is joking about Hermain Caine being a pizza man, ill try to find a way to talk about it in a song , but at the same time have a style that restrains from being preachy about it I guess. It's just a matter of concept has to equal or be or the same level as style. Once you have those leveled perfectly, then you have a nice ass song.

Kris Kross:
What is your musical background? Do you have any technical training from your childhood?

Tavon:
My dad played back up for like a bunch of gospel artists in the 90's whenever they would come to Maryland and D.C to do performances, so music was always around me when I was a kid, I remember learning how to use this program called reason at age 12, and I still use it today, along with logic pro which Im still in the process of figuring out lol. But yeah my dad always had me and my brother (Leon) on the keys at a young age, so music was our thing, nothing more, nothing less.

Kris Kross:
I am looking forward to A(Q)uarium Opus and I am sure everybody else is as excited. One last question. Your choice; Megan Fox, The new Transformers chick, or a pool full of jello?

Tavon:
haha A pool full of jello, only because its like a once In lifetime chance that you will ever be able too swim in one, in which, would be better then sex lol , plus Megan fox has toe thumbs.

That concluded my mini interview. Here is some visuals to enjoy from A(Q)uarium Opus.