Thursday, October 13, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW: Arnold by Quantum Musik

During my endeavors of getting my name out not too long ago in the path of photography, I got to network with a lot of hip hop artists. Along my journey I was blessed with hearing one the best songs of my life, in which this young producer/rapper produced. Which you can hear in this video accompanied by Kevin Sinatra



Personally, facebook has more cons than pros but in this case a definite pro was that I can keep in contact with the many artists that I networked with in the past. I am one of the first few that get to listen to Quantum Musik's debut album and speak about it.

First off Quantum Musik has an ear for sound and a passion for the rap game which you can definitely hear through his beats, which is a deadly combination that can elevate into a bright future. That being said, his beats paint a picture in your mind to convey this 90s vibe which we all are familiar with and have a place in our hearts.

The central theme is the Nickelodeon cartoon hit, Hey Arnold!. Songs are even entitled after things from the classic show like the pivotal stomping grounds of "PS1-18" to the red headed neighborhood jinx, "Ugene." His sonic portrayal of Arnold's life in the city can be heard throughout the whole album, and Quantum Musik's Arnold is best heard from track one til the last. He uses sound bites from the show that put you further into the experience and soulful samples. If I had to pick one song where Quantum shines, it would be Stoop Kid.



How is his rapping you ask? His flow pays homage to true hip hop with content touching on social awareness to pop culture references. No additives, no filters. Just sticking to what is true to his heart and soul, he convicts the integrity of his passion in every line.

Overall this album was super nostalgic for me. In speaking with him, he said, "I watched episodes of the show as I wrote the songs and made the beats, so 100% of this is inspired by that era." Quantum is an intelligent young man and is hungry for all the recognition he is about to recieve. He's something to keep an eye out for.

"Its a metaphor for me not sleeping on my music.. so i dont include a z in my name."- Quantum Musik

Nostalgic theme, raw verses, excellent beats- 5/5.


Download

















follow him on twitter @QuantumMusik